Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We interrupt this program

This is what I am up against! Can you believe this!?! My man has never shown so much passion towards food before, but now that it's up to him to make such things he is putting in the man hours. I should have gotten a few pics but I missed the opportunity! He was outside ALL afternoon Saturday sitting next to his grill and this is what came back! He read up online on how to smoke a mean rack of ribs and he went out Friday and bought everything he needed. Let me just tell you all bets were just about off. These ribs smelled good, they were award winning color and they were juicy-well, according to Bryan. I wouldn't know. I had salmon. And it was good, don't get me wrong. But this is rediculously tempting. S.O.S. Help me!
He said he soaked the mesquite wood chips in water in a pan on the grill and then the other half of the grill was off so the ribs were not under direct heat. Then he filled a squirt bottle with 1/3 cup BBQ sauce and the rest water and he just kept spraying them every 5-10 minutes of so. He cooked them about 3 hours. I have never seen him last that long doing anything! He belongs in Texas! He is officially my grill master.

No comments:

Post a Comment