Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let me Explain!

Well, please, let me explain! If you know me you know that I LOVE meat! But I recently read this book called Skinny Bitch and my eyes were opened to how fowl meat can actually be! I had no idea that the entire process from raising to slaughtering to processing was so inhumane! Plech! So I have made the decision to try this whole vegetarian thing out for a year and see how it goes. Now the authors of the book are vegan (they don't eat meat, seafood, or any dairy) but I am just taking baby steps here, so I have decided that I will not eat any meat except seafood and see where I end up after that. Plus, my husband Bryan doesn't think I can do it, so you have to help me out! I thought I could make this more fun by sharing with you my recipes, stories and photos of what I'm up to in the kitchen and otherwise on my quest for meatless living. So I have until June 1st of 2010! Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Bryan telling you that you can't do it make you have the will to actually do it?? ;-) I hate when someone tells me I can't do something! Hhhhmmmm, wish I ate seafood, I would try with you! Tell me what is really good and I can try it for Drew and the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete