Thursday, July 9, 2009

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Last night I made Tilapia. And it was so yummy! I just mixed together some seasoned bread crumbs, grated parmesan, garlic powder and italian seasonings. I sprayed a tiny bit of EVOO on it and coated it. Baked it and it was GOOOOD! Topped it off with some sweet potatos and salad.

Here is a recipe...sort of

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

  • 1/3 cup season bread crumbs
  • 1-2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • sprinkle of garlic powder
  • sprinkle of italian seasoning
  • pinch of rosemary (man that smelled good comin' from the oven!)
  • 1-2 Tilapia fillets

Preheat oven to 450. Mix all dry ingredients together in a wide bottomed bowl. Lightly spray tilapia with EVOO on both sides and coat with the bread crumb mixture. Place in an 8x8 non-stick pan and bake about 12 minutes (10 minutes per inch of thickness-not per side!).

This stuff is the best find I've had in a long time!! I got it from Oliviers & Co. (you can order online) and it is seriously delicious! The olive oil is pressed with basil (not infused) so it is really flavorful! and the Balsamic Vinegar is mouth-watering good! It is thick and almost like a syrup so a little goes a long way. I used these on my salad and it was to die for!

I just thought this salad looked so pretty with the spices dusting the top of it. I visited a spice store in Arvada (Penzeys Spices) while we were in Colorado and they had some of the yummiest stuff! This spice was one of the ones I picked up and it is great on a salad! There are shallots, chives, garlic, onion and green peppercorns in this one (Fox point). It was a great addition to the salad.
The sweet potatoes I just diced and topped with a little Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning and heated in the microwave.
I will try to do better with the recipes. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment