Friday, August 28, 2009

Soba and Cabbage

Okay, so the other night the girls and I hit up the local farmer's market to see what the locals had to offer. Well, I am impressed. I picked up some great produce and even a few things I have never used/heard of before, so this should be interesting! One of the things I got was carrots. Well, I was just warming up so I just sauted them for a bit with some garlic and then baked them for about 45 minutes until they were tender. Yummy, but not worthy of a photo. Too boring. I can do better than that, right!!??

So, I cut the cabbage I got right in half and felt inspired to whip it up with some yakisoba noodles I had gotten from the grocery the day before. Now, don't get your hopes up. It isn't totally interesting, but not something I would normally do, so hang in.


Soba Noodles and Cabbage
  • Soba Noodles (the ones I picked up had a little spice pack with them)
  • 1/2 head of cabbage
  • 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 2 T sesame seed oil
  • 1/4-1/2 cup veggie broth (my lids are not air tight, so I need a little extra)
  • 2 T soy sauce

So, chop up your cabbage roughly. I just did rows one way then the other. Heat pan on med high and add sesame oil and garlic (I find my garlic does better heating WITH the pan rather than throwing in to the dogs). When garlic becomes fragrant add in cabbage and toss around about 1 minute. Add soy sauce and veggie broth and cover for about 12 minutes. While that is cooking away in a seperate pan cook the soba noodles. I just followed the instructions right there on the package. Throw the cabbage over the noodles and let 'r rip!

No comments:

Post a Comment