Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Orange Avocado Salad

It's a doozie of a salad. It actually had cubed chicken in it the first time I enjoyed it, but for the purposes of winning 500 big ones I omitted. And it had to get a new name 'cause it's really called chicken avocado salad. Oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

Orange Avocado Salad

  • Bibb lettuce and spinach-use your judgement. You have made salad before
  • 4-6 oz. sliced almonds
  • 1 can mandarin oranges
  • 3-5 green onions
  • 1 avocado-not too ripe, not too not ripe :)
  • Honey mustard dressing
  • balsamic vinegarette

I like to make this bad boy on a platter and layer it in nice sections for affect and then mix it all up after everyone has ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it. I forgot to snap a picture of it before I did that, so, for that I am sorry. I could say it will never happen again, but I would probably be lying.

Okay, so lay the lettuce and the spinach across the platter. Then put the green onions right down the middle the short way, then the avocado on one side and the mandarin oranges on the other and the almonds sprinkled across the top. Set the two dressings to the side for people to choose their pleasure. I actually like a little of the two dressings together on the salad-I know, I am wierd. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment