Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oatmeal Raspberry Bars




Have you ever had an obsession with food? I am not a huge sweets fan, but I get around these little guys and oh, boy! I had to send the leftover ones (I can't believe I made it through the night without eating them all) with my husband to work so I wouldn't take it upon myself to finish them off today. And good thing, cause the Saints got beat this morning and the Broncos are as we speak. I guess I'm kind of an emotional eater. That and there is something about watching football that makes me want to snack all day. That raspberry jam just calls out to me.Or perhaps it's the stick AND a half of butter in it! ANYWAY! Just make these-they're good! You won't be sorry you did. My mom agrees. She showed me the way with this one.

Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 C old fashioned rolled oats
  • 3/4 C unsalted butter
  • 1 C raspberry jam
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter and mix with your hands. Reserve one cup of oat mixture for the topping. Firmly press remaining oat mixture into 8x8 greased pan. Spread with jam mixed with lemon juice. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 28-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into small squares when completely cooled. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment