Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Bake Cookies


I love football season! I love baking and making all kinds of things that call for a whole stick of butter, but I don't need to eat that whole stick of butter by myself, so when we have family dinners with the football coaches I make all these devilish little treats and everyone else eats the rest. It's a win-win for everyone! These little doozies are a sure hit!
No Bake Cookies
  • 1 3/4 C white sugar
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/2 C butter
  • 4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 C peanut butter
  • 3 C quick cooking oats
  • 1 t vanilla extract

Lay out wax paper or parchment paper-about 2 cookie sheet size sheets. In a large pot, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring just to a boil on medium heat and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Drop by spoon onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment