Monday, August 30, 2010

Black Bean Tacos

Never mind that I was half way through this taco before I realized I hadn't snapped a picture of it. Oh, YES! They are that good-and even easier to make! They were in our weekly menu, but we have had to pump the brakes a bit-hubby says, "too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing." Lucky for him I was away for 2 weeks in Colorado so he didn't have to eat it...but my good friend Shannon got a taste and she likey too!

Black Bean Soft Tacos-serves 4
  • Spray of Olive Oil
  • 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
  • 1 can black beans (I go low sodium here, but do as you wish), drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 4 scallions, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • couple shakes of red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 red onion finely chopped (optional)
  • 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
  • lettuce (optional)
  • 8 corn/flour tortillas (I go whole wheat flour)

Heat oil in a large skillet. Throw in the scallions and give them a quick minute to release their yummyness then add garlic. When that is heated dump in tomatoes, black beans, corn, red pepper flakes and cumin. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer about 5 minutes, or if you can't wait another second grab a tortilla and get your eat on! Top it off with cilantro, red onion, avocado and lettuce. Or if you're plain then just eat it without all those fixins. It's your taco. I'm not the boss of you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment