Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Vegetable Pasta

Well, I don't know that these are all fall vegetables, but they were all in my fridge...and it's fall! How's that for faking it?!? So here we go!Fall Vegetable Pasta
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1 yellow squash
  • 3/4-1 portobello mushroom
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1/2-1 red onion
  • 2-3 cloves garlic
  • salt and pepper
  • 8 oz. whole wheat pasta, cooked
  • parmesan cheese

In a skillet over medium high heat add 2 Tbs. olive oil, garlic, and onion. Just before "browned" add in mushrooms. Cook about 1-2 minutes then add in yellow squash. I pretty much will gag if my squash is over cooked, so I don't add it in right away. Cook 2 minutes then add in stewed tomatoes, seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes bringing just back to a boil. Serve over cooked pastaand top with parmesean cheese. Serves about 2. Yum-ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment